Today, every business needs a certain amount of technology. The more that people depend on the Internet to manage their affairs and procure goods and services, the more businesses will need to focus on getting the IT infrastructure in place to help them succeed. Over the past several years we have begun to see a lot of businesses dipping their... Read More
Compudata and COVID-19
The following information is accurate as of our last update on July 20th, 2020. It is considered as policy by Compudata until such time as it is changed, or superseded by the requirements of Health Canada and Public Health Ontario.
Compudata and Remote Work Enablement
With the spread of COVID-19, businesses understand that working remotely is a recommended measure for limiting the transmission of this novel coronavirus. Many organizations, however, are technically unprepared to implement this for their workers. Importantly, if you or a colleague needs to work from home while in self-isolation or quarantine, it may not be possible to obtain equipment such as a laptop or a business phone, or receive the on-site training required to become an effective teleworker.
If you haven’t already connected with us to help with the remote enablement of your workforce, it is time to reach out to us. We are experts at making telecommuting simple and secure for your organization! Click here to contact us and take back your productivity in this difficult time: https://compudata.ca/contact-us/
Regarding Compudata's Services
Effective 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, March 24th, the Provincial Government is requiring a mandatory closure of all non-essential businesses. This list was updated as of 11:59 p.m. Saturday, April 4, 2020. The complete list of essential businesses available at https://www.ontario.ca/page/list-essential-workplaces. Compudata is considered an essential business by the Provincial Government, and as such, we will remain in operation. Regardless of whether your business is considered essential or non-essential, Compudata will continue to protect your data and infrastructure. There are significant changes to how Compudata will deliver some services, as outlined in the following sections.
Compudata will continue to provide uninterrupted remote support for customers enrolled in, (but not limited to), the following services:
- Managed and Proactive Care services
- Monitoring and end-point protection
- Managed Firewalls
- Compusync and Datto backup services
- Cloud Services such as Managed Web Hosting
Compudata will also continue to provide the following services:
- Remote support and Help-desk by phone, email, and screen sharing sessions
- Remote Work Enablement, (Telecommuting, VPN setup, Remote Desktop, etc.)
- Hardware Procurement, (fulfillment of orders where possible by courier services)
Compudata has placed restrictions on the following services:
- Compudata Office Access: All access to Compudata's offices by visitors is now restricted. We apologize for this and thank you in advance for respecting this measure to protect both you and our staff.
- On-Site Deployments: General deployments are being suspended as of the end-of-business on March 24th. Any pending deployment services and non-essential on-site visits will be rescheduled at such a time as the situation allows.
Note: If you wish to take delivery of hardware without deployment services, either a pick-up at our dock or a curb-side delivery can be scheduled. In addition, our staff will guide you through connecting and configuring your hardware remotely. Cable management and other value added services associated with a delivery will be scheduled for a later date.
- On-Site Support: On-site support as well as non-essential services requiring travel to client sites are being suspended as of the end-of-business on March 24th. Most support issues do not require physical presence and can be resolved remotely.
- Hardware & Warranty Repairs: Repairs and any upgrades performed at our service center require a 72 hour quarantine before being handled by staff members for repair. After this 72 hour period, standard sanitation and wipe down protocols will be followed. Please prepare for this additional delay in our service cycle along with pickup and delivery restrictions.
- Pickup & Delivery: Regular pickup and delivery of items and repair issues by Compudata staff is restricted. Compudata will continue to provide shipping by courier services where available. For urgent issues, curbside and dock-based pickups and deliveries which respect social distancing requirements can be scheduled in advance.
- Exceptions: We may elect to provide an on-site service option for critical issues only. This will be weighed carefully against criteria such as data protection and business continuity requirements versus health and safety, as well as the evolving government mandates and guidelines. We trust you will agree that the health and safety of both your staff and ours supersede any operational requirement if the risk versus reward is too great.
Note: As of April 4th, 2020, only the following essential on-site services and deployments will be considered:
- Essential services to medical clients that cannot be otherwise performed remotely.
- Deployment of Firewalls or other essential core infrastructure necessary for business continuity.
- In all cases, all efforts to provide service remotely must first be exhausted.
Regarding Compudata's Workforce
When it comes to protecting the health and welfare of our clients and our staff, Compudata is taking the recommendations of Health Canada and Public Health Ontario seriously. Compudata has provided a mandatory Canadian Pandemic Training Course to prepare and educate our staff. Until further notice, you can expect specific rules will be observed by our employees, including our on-site technical staff.
What policy is in place for Compudata staff?
- Staff with any form of illness have been instructed to remain at home and may only be available by remote access.
- Sanitary wipes are placed throughout our facilities for cleaning personal work-spaces.
- Client's systems entering our service department will undergo a mandatory 72 hour quarantine period before be cleaned using sanitary wipes before and after service.
- Our staff are expected to wash their hands regularly using the following method: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/videos/ipac-handwash
What if an on-site visit is deemed absolutely necessary?
Compudata administration will make the final decision as to whether an on-site visit is warranted. Thank you for respecting this decision and our staff. Our technicians will observe the following rules while on-site - please respect and accommodate these rules as well:
- Our on-site service technicians will wear a mask at all times while on-site, as per the requirements of the Middlesex-London Health Unit: https://www.healthunit.com/news/mandatory-face-covering-Instruction-issued
- Our on-site service technicians will be provided with gloves and hand sanitizer for use before, during, and after each service visit.
- Our staff will not offer or reciprocate handshakes or any kind of close contact with our clients and fellow staff.
- All staff are required to exercise social distancing, maintaining a radius of at least 2 meters (6 feet) from other people.
- All staff are instructed to cough or sneeze into a tissue, or into their arm, even if they are not sick.
What if our employees show signs of symptoms?
- Our employees have been instructed to leave work immediately and follow quarantine or self-isolation instructions from their primary care physicians if deemed necessary, with job protected leave and full company support.
- Compudata is requesting that all employees observe guidelines from Health Canada and Public Health Ontario regarding even the mildest symptoms they may be experiencing.
- No employee of Compudata is permitted to perform on-site work if exhibiting any symptoms or are known to have been exposed to individuals suspected of being infected by the virus.
These are unprecedented measures in uncertain times, and Compudata is adapting to them while striving to be the best version of itself and a good example to our industry. We remain committed to you, our valued clients, and are doing our part at Compudata to support the IT needs, safety and comfort of our customers and employees. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please reach out to us using our contact form located here: https://compudata.ca/contact-us/
Vice President, Compudata Systems London