Would you believe it if we told you that the members of Generation X, Millennials, and Generation Z are more likely to fall for online shopping scams than those aged 60 or over? Well, according to the Federal Trade Commission, the numbers aren’t even close. If you’re under age 60, you’re 86 percent more likely to fall prey to scammers. Read More
Compudata and COVID-19
The following information is accurate as of our last update on January 20th, 2022. It is considered as policy by Compudata until such time as it is changed, or superseded by the requirements of Health Canada and Public Health Ontario.
Compudata and Remote Work Enablement
With the spread of COVID-19, businesses understand that working remotely is a recommended measure for limiting the transmission of this novel coronavirus. Many organizations, however, are technically unprepared to implement this for their workers. Importantly, if you or a colleague needs to work from home while in self-isolation or quarantine, it may not be possible to obtain equipment such as a laptop or a business phone, or receive the on-site training required to become an effective teleworker.
If you haven’t already connected with us to help with the remote enablement of your workforce, it is time to reach out to us. We are experts at making telecommuting simple and secure for your organization! Click here to contact us and take back your productivity in this difficult time: https://compudata.ca/contact-us/
Regarding Compudata's Services
Compudata will continue to provide uninterrupted remote support for customers enrolled in, (but not limited to), the following services:
- Managed and Proactive Care services
- Monitoring and end-point protection
- Managed Firewalls
- Compusync and Datto backup services
- Cloud Services such as Managed Web Hosting
Compudata will also continue to provide the following services:
- Remote support and Help-desk by phone, email, and screen sharing sessions
- Remote Work Enablement, (Telecommuting, VPN setup, Remote Desktop, etc.)
- Hardware Procurement, (fulfilment of orders where possible by courier services)
Compudata has placed restrictions on the following services:
- Compudata Office Access: All access to Compudata's offices by visitors is now restricted. We apologize for this and thank you in advance for respecting this measure to protect both you and our staff.
Regarding Compudata's Workforce
When it comes to protecting the health and welfare of our clients and our staff, Compudata is taking the recommendations of Health Canada and Public Health Ontario seriously. Compudata has provided a mandatory Canadian Pandemic Training Course to prepare and educate our staff. Until further notice, you can expect specific rules will be observed by our employees, including our on-site technical staff.
What policy is in place for Compudata staff?
- Staff with any form of illness have been instructed to remain at home and may only be available by remote access.
- Sanitary wipes are placed throughout our facilities for cleaning personal work-spaces.
What if our employees show signs of symptoms?
- Our employees have been instructed to leave work immediately and follow quarantine or self-isolation instructions from their primary care physicians if deemed necessary, with job protected leave and full company support.
- Compudata is requesting that all employees observe guidelines from Health Canada and Public Health Ontario regarding even the mildest symptoms they may be experiencing.
- No employee of Compudata is permitted to perform on-site work if exhibiting any symptoms or are known to have been exposed to individuals suspected of being infected by the virus.
These are unprecedented measures in uncertain times, and Compudata is adapting to them while striving to be the best version of itself and a good example to our industry. We remain committed to you, our valued clients, and are doing our part at Compudata to support the IT needs, safety and comfort of our customers and employees. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please reach out to us using our contact form located here: https://compudata.ca/contact-us/
Vice President, Compudata Systems London