- Written by Compudata
- Published: 09 Aug 2021
The cloud can make it exceedingly easy to access applications and data, but there are countless options available to small businesses, often leading them toward the phenomenon called “analysis paralysis.” They get too caught up in the details to make a decision, and with so many options out there, it’s difficult to blame them. Here are some of the more popular choices for business cloud solutions.
Be sure to remember that all businesses have different needs, so no two solutions are going to work in exactly the same way. Consider reaching out to us to discuss the cloud solutions available to your business. You might be surprised by how beneficial it is to work with a managed service provider on this!
The Public vs Private vs Hybrid Debate
Some businesses aren’t sure what the best cloud solution for their particular needs is. To make things a little more streamlined and simplified, we have outlined the most common types of cloud environments. Use this information to make the best decision possible for your business.
- Public: With the public cloud, your organization stores data in its own dedicated part of a public cloud infrastructure. Think about it like renting space online to host whatever you need hosted. Many businesses prefer the public cloud because it is easy to implement and manage, but on the other side of this is a lack of flexibility or customization that other solutions might allow for.
- Private: The private cloud is a private place for your business to store data on-premises. It’s like buying the whole building to do what you like rather than renting. Many businesses prefer this option to the public cloud for the express reason that they have more control over the infrastructure, including its security.
- Hybrid: A hybrid cloud is like a mix between the public and private, meaning that you have a similar level of responsibility for hosting the cloud, but far more control over how it is managed and secured. It’s a great middle ground between the public and private cloud solutions.
Examples of Cloud Solutions
It’s a bit easier to understand how cloud solutions work with a couple of examples of how organizations deploy them. Here are just a few cloud hosting providers you might be familiar with:
- Google Workspace
- Microsoft OneDrive/Microsoft 365
- Amazon Web Services/Amazon Drive
- And many more
These are some of the more popular choices for cloud storage and application deployment, but that doesn’t mean they are the best options for your business. It is your responsibility to do your research and find the solution that best suits you. To aid in this, Compudata would be happy to help.
We’ll be sure to help you make the most informed decision possible for your business’ cloud solutions. To learn more, reach out to us at 519-652-5664.
Comments Off on Consider these Cloud Options for Better Business
Posted in Blog, Cloud
Tagged Cloud Computing, Hosted Solutions, Software as a service