Your business creates a lot of data and smart businesses can use that data, through business intelligence and data analytics platforms to help them prioritize tasks and streamline their operations to help them be the most effective business they can be. This week, we thought we would go through some of the things any business that seeks to use its... Read More
- Published: 24 Mar 2021
Since the beginning of the Coronavirus pandemic, remote work has exploded, and many organizations expect to continue it to some extent after the pandemic turns to an endemic. Let’s take a look at some of the technology choices your business can make to make your remote workforce more effective.
Identifying Some Tools You’ll Need for Remote Work
To support a remote workforce, your business will need to accept that it is going to adhere to some pretty standard strategies. These include:
- Secure, encrypted access to your office network (via a VPN, or Virtual Private Network).
- Communication tools, such as Voice over IP, video conferencing, and instant messaging.
- Employees need devices at home that can reliably perform the tasks required of them.
- Security awareness is still a critical piece, even when working remotely.
What About IT Support?
IT support is always a major benefit as technology (and users) doesn’t always operate as intended. With so many businesses choosing to move operations out of their brick and mortar location, many of them didn’t have the technology (or the users) in place to maximize productivity and security.
Since most organizations don’t have the capital to provide company-owned technology to their workers while they are being asked to work from outside the office, most workers are operating from their personal computers during this time. With so much company data being transferred and stored by computers that by-and-large aren’t owned or supported by their IT team, it was on them to enact a comprehensive Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) strategy to give them some type of control over their digital assets.
A remote workforce puts more demands on a business, especially one that leans on its software and other IT systems. At Compudata, our professional technicians were more than ready to help patch this deficit. Our strategy is to promote solutions that are both flexible, secure, and scalable. This means that organizations can get more out of their technology, while also adapting it to their shifting workplace. If you don’t have a plan in place to keep your staff productive, your assets secure, and your options open, you are putting yourself at a major disadvantage.
Our comprehensive support strategy is deployed in three ways. They are:
- Tools For a Better Business - We have relationships with some of the top vendors in the industry and we can get your business set up with the tools and strategies that provide you the best chance at obtaining success.
- We Thoroughly Monitor and Manage - Using state-of-the-art monitoring and management tools we are able to keep eyes on your network, your infrastructure, your users, and all connected devices. This puts us in a position to keep your business running effectively, regardless of the situation.
- We Deliver - One of the most important parts of being an IT service provider is that you have to deliver when you are asked to step up. Our IT professionals are not just trained in the best practices, they are certified to handle the litany of complicated situations that tend to happen when dealing with business technology. We not only can get you the technology you need, but we can also help you deploy it and give you counsel on how to make it work effectively for your organization.
When you think of IT support, you don’t typically think of a strategy that can save your business money and keep it running efficiently, but that is exactly what the IT professionals at Compudata can do for your business. Call us today at 855-405-8889 to learn more about our IT-related services and support options for businesses like yours.